From the UI of your Gateway/Cloud Gateway, do the following:
- Security Services > IronPort Anti-Spam
- Click Edit Global Settings...
- For Scanning Profile, change from Normal to Aggressive
- Submit and Commit your configuration changes
What is the 'Aggressive' Scanning Profile?
The Aggressive profile allows for customers who desire a stronger emphasis on blocking spam.
The Aggressive profile emphasizes machine learning-based systems that respond well to submissions.
When using the Aggressive Scanning Profile:
- Using the Aggressive profile is a global-level setting, so ALL per-policy Anti-Spam configuration(s) will have this profile applied.
- When enabled, tuning Anti-Spam policy thresholds will have more impact on spam detection than the Normal profile, with a more significant potential for false positives. Please reset ALL policy-level Anti-Spam spam thresholds to "Use the Default Thresholds." Do NOT use custom settings for positively identified spam or suspect spam.
- In addition to having Anti-Spam with the Aggressive profile configured, Cisco recommends enabling Graymail for the same policy/policies. Graymail verdicts are exposed to IPAS, which have provided detection with the Aggressive profile enabled.
- Finally, if you are using Intelligent Multi-ScanIntelligent Multi-Scan - Intelligent Multi-scan (IMS) is an add-on license that provides additional anti-spam classification capabilities by combining the results of the multiple anti-spam classifier with the Cisco IPAS classifier in the Inbound and Premium Bundles. It increases the spam catch rate at the possible expense of a greater number of false positives., do NOT select the Aggressive profile.
At this time, we have completed the following:
- Validate Detection Services
- Review of Bypass, Accept, or Allow Lists
- Aggressive Profile for Anti-Spam
- Review and Validate MX Records
- Submissions to Talos
- Support Cases
- Security Review (Optional)
Once you have configured the Aggressive profile, please proceed to the next section of this document.
Updated 3 months ago